Saturday 25 January 2014

Less than one week left to go. I hear my teammates talk about it, our coworkers at Musalaha talk about it, our host families talk about it, but I want to deny that this is true. I love this place and this people, and it breaks my heart that I will have to say goodbye soon. As with every trip I have ever taken, I wonder if I will see these new friends ever again, or if I will have the opportunity to return back someday.
I have learned a lot here in Palestine.... the importance of family and relationships, and how necessary it is to have hope, even in a situation that seems hopeless. I take my hat off to these families for their ability to be happy... joyful even... as they continually face opposition and oppression. 
I have thoroughly enjoyed every day at work, and every night we have spent with our host family. We have shared some great conversations, many a laugh, and even a few tears. I pray that one day I will be able to return and see everyone again, or hope that one or two of them may even visit Canada.

Thank you for all your prayers for the team. Each one of you is a blessing to us! Please also pray for the people we will be leaving behind that God will continue to work in their lives and in the situation here.

Blessings,
Adrianna

2 comments:

  1. Praying! Thanks for your transparency Adrianna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to talk with you in person! I will be praying for the team in these next few days as you say your goodbyes.

    ReplyDelete